Monday 26 September 2005

Xanga Post: Monday, September 26, 2005

This morning in the car I was listening to some really depressing song about a guy who got dumped by the woman he loved (courtesy of he-with-no-taste) and I was just like *sob*. How sad. How would I feel? What would I do without Jay? And that thought's been killing me all day. How could I ever live without him? He means so much to me. And not being able to tell him until 10:30... Beyond sucks. I want to tell him all the time how much I love him.

During break, I was sitting on a low wall across from my workplace, enjoying a cup of hot chocolate and just looking around. I couldn't help but marvel at the effect Autumn has on the Valleys. Where the sun comes over the mountains, different parts of the trees and forests are getting more light, which means that they're changing different colours. One area may still be green and lush but a little way down the road, the trees are completely barren, their leaves carpeting the ground. There may be a bright red patch in the centre of a green tree because there, just there, got a little bit more attention from the sun this year.

Sometime last winter I was standing at the coffee machine, shivering - like I did all winter long last year - when a girl from the office across from me came up. "I'm not from around here either," she told me. Then she went on to tell me the following story:

She was standing at a bus stop waiting (for the phantom 151, no doubt) when this old Welsh gent came up. He saw her shivering (under a huge coat) and smiled. "You're in the Valley's now, love."

A short story, I know, but special. To me at least. I can't really explain it. I don't really feel that out-of-placeness any more. I've fallen in love. Not just with my husband, but with his country. I feel  like a Valley Girl.

On an unrelated note, Sue brought me home a "surprise" on Friday. In the form of a witch's broom. Lol. Bless her.

I called her Betty.

No comments:

Post a Comment