Thursday 16 February 2006

Livejournal Entry: Thursday, February 16, 2006

Okay, the security guys at work are making me go "Grraaagh." They're systematically blocking all of my favourite sites. First craftster. Then livejournal. Now xanga. What's next?

I tried getting my hair professionally dyed this weekend. You'd think the salons would be happy to have my money. Nay nay.

Apparently I still have bits of red and loads of black in my hair from the last couple of times I've died it myself. That's okay if I want my hair dyed black again. Which I don't. I want it blue. But that's something they just WON'T DO. Why? Because my hair is "quite curly really" and they refuse to bleach it. So, after two days of trying to make an appointment and two days of getting up EARLY and four bus rides, I still do NOT have my hair dyed. That irked me.

Other than that, we had a great weekend. The G-Mex this weekend couldn't have gone better. We made it to Manchester in only about two hours and a bit even though the weather was terrible. All of the guests were absolutely charming. Plus, Jay bought me a Smile Time Puppet. Smile Time Puppet #2 that is: Battle Damaged Angel. :) And HIS NOSE COMES OFF. I was so amused. Can't wait for the vampire version in August.

Today is Valentine's Day and I'm a happy puppy. Jay and I agreed that we can't do much for VDay because of how much we spent at the convention this weekend so we're keeping it little. Jay drew me a card (With a Moo on it, of course.) and bought me Pride and Prejudice. Good man. :) He's a bit on the grouchy side right now because he's giving up smoking so I've got to come up with something clever to a. help him stay off the cigs and b. amuse him.

Oh, we found out on Monday that Jay has to have surgery done on his back asap because of this ingrown hair thingie. (It's got a more technical name but I'll be buggered if I can remember it.) He really freaked me because apparently there's a nodule on it which means a lump. I'm completely worked up about the whole thing but he doesn't seem that bothered. I hope it goes well. *fingers crossed*

No comments:

Post a Comment