Monday 10 January 2011

First Crafty Post of 2011

Okay, so I've been waiting to post this until my partner recieves (it's for the OWS er... 65, I think) but you know how I am with patience.... (As in I have none.) So I'm gonna post it anyway and hope she doesn't look before it arrives. Lol.

I "made" a tea towel with a crochet top to hang on her stove and two crochet loops (for the same thing.)



The tea towel by itself:



I didn't use a pattern for this one. Just decided to wing it and I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

The pattern I based the crochet towel rings on is by Kiel Lemon on ravelry. I changed a few things to suit me - most noticeably, the elastic band I put in the centre to help it keep its shape.



(My partner's colour scheme for her kitchen is orange - That's why the fabulous orangeness. I like her taste. Lol.)

4 comments:

  1. Although I am not particularly fond of orange, I love the updated look of your towel toppers. I might try the crochet towel rings; your idea to use an elastic band is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! An art student once told me that orange makes most people agressive? I don't know if that's true- it always makes me smile. I think I'm going to have to make myself some of the towel rings too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Orange makes me queasy. ;) I did break down and buy a faded orange sweater today though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How have you survived being my friend all these years? Lol.

    ReplyDelete