Friday 7 October 2011

The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse

You may have noticed that I haven't been around for the past few weeks. That's because I've been on "holiday" in the States and my mother doesn't have the internet. *sigh* I was going through withdrawal worse than any druggie.

For real.

Anywho...

I'm back now and regular service will commence. :)

One of the things I'm going to miss most about being in America (where I'm from originally, if you didn't know) is drinking with my friends. This trip home introduced us to The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse - in a shot glass.


What started out as a joke ("Yeah, right... We'll have that!") became our drink of choice. Equal parts Jack Daniels, Yukon Jack, Jim Beam and Jose Cuervo, each shot burned like a motherfucker and tasted like hell - but was a little less painful and a little tastier than the last. ;)

A few shots of these bad boys and comments like "I can't feel my legs!" could be heard around our table.

The morning after?

"We have to stop drinking like we're twenty-one!"

"Ugh... I'm never drinking again."

"I've never seen anyone puke like that before."

And, my favourite: "Hey! Good morning! I'm making bacon! You want some bacon? Hey! You know what's good for hangovers? Hair of the dog! You want me to get you a drink? I've got some vodka..."

It's good to be the one who doesn't get hangovers. O:)

Many, many thanks to the lovely folks at Abie's Bar (our favourite hang out) for mixing our drinks - even though the smell made them want to puke, not complaining that we filled the jukebox for hours on end and for never kicking us out before 2AM. Solid.

No comments:

Post a Comment