Thursday 5 January 2012

Book Review: Wolfsbane and Mistletoe

This book was one of the Christmas presents I got from my mother-in-law last year - her last Christmas. It was also one of the best gifts she ever got me.


Wolfsbane and Mistletoe is a short story collection combining our favourite four-legged - and bloodthirsty - friends with the holiday season. It's the best work of collective fiction that I think I have ever read. This book had me laughing out loud in the middle of work, it was so funny, and I can honestly say that there wasn't a single story in it that I didn't like.

I think my favourite two had to be The Werewolf Before Christmas by Kat Richardson and SA by J.A. Konrath. I won't say too much - "Spoilers, Darling!" - but I will say that they both deal with the true origins of Santa Clause. My least favourite being the one by Charlaine Harris. (But my love/hate relationship with that particular author will have to be the subject of another post.)

If you are into werewolves and other wee beasties that go bump in the night - these stories also feature vampires, mages, faeries, etc. - you HAVE to read this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment