Wednesday 13 June 2012

School Time Wondra - Update

Yay!!!

I made it through the school year. It was pretty touch-and-go there for awhile and I wasn't always certain I would, but I made it!

*happydance*

I had one exam last week and one exam this week. Last week's exam was pretty tough. It was for The Art of English, a class I've found both interesting and mind numbingly dull in equal measures. I stayed up all night the night before studying for it and was so tired by the time it was done that I couldn't face going in to work. I called my boss and explained the situation, promised to be in after a quick nap, and she was totally cool.

Best. Boss. Ever.

After that, I was feeling pretty nervous about this week's exam. This week it was The Nineteenth Century Novel which is SO not the class you want to be taking when you're trying to recover from Depression. Trust me. I was especially worried because there was one book that I simply refused to read. (Germinal by Emile Zola.) Naturally, I was expecting that to come up on the exam - lucky for me, it didn't!

I was surprisingly happy with the second exam. I got to choose from really good questions and I'm confident that I would have been able to answer any of them, anyway. Now, all I have to do is wait. I only have to get a 40 on both tests to pass the classes and, right now, all I want is to pass. It's been such a tough year that just passing will be an achievement. *fingers crossed*

I've already signed up for next year's classes and I'm just waiting for the financial aid to come through. I'm taking Children's Literature & Reading and Studying Literature. If all goes well, and I pass these classes and those, I'll finally have my BA in English Language and Literature. It's been a long time in coming.

I was looking at some Masters Degrees that The Open University offer and I didn't see the one I was hoping to take after I get my BA. (Masters of Library and Information Science) Bummer. I have plenty of time to worry about that, though...

No comments:

Post a Comment