Friday 17 August 2012

30 Things to do when I'm 30

If I said that I've spent the last eight months freaking out about my 30th birthday (which is coming up on October 31st), it would be an understandment. And by freaking out I mean panic attacks and happy pills. For real.

During this crisis, I saw a woman on a TV show say that she was completing a "60 things to do when I'm 60" list and I was totally inspired. I've spent a few weeks now working on the list and this is what I've come up with:

1. be a volunteer
2. place a bet
3. visit the British Museum
4. photograph Big Ben
5. get a henna tattoo
6. knit a Doctor Who scarf
7. go ice skating
8. join a zombie walk
9. take a line dancing class
10. take a kickboxing class
11. go canoeing
12. go paintballing
13. learn to play the banjo
14. make a quilt
15. Project Life!
16. try 30 new foods
17. write 30 short stories
18. dreadlocks (Yes, Mom, dreadlocks.)
19. kiss the Blarney Stone
20. get my second tattoo
21. visit the red light district in Amsterdam
22. learn another language
23. go scuba diving
24. try paragliding or handgliding (and live)
25. try snowboarding or skiing (and not kill anyone else)
26. get my UK drivers license
27. get my UK passport
28. try ecstasy
29. be on TV
30. get published

The goal is to do it all in my 30th year. And, if I make it to 40, I'll start all over again.

Everything on the list (with the exception of the tattoo and volunteering) is something I've never done before. It starts with the least scary stuff and gets harder. 

I could use some help with a couple of these... Like 30 foods and 30 short stories. If you want to suggest a food I should try, please do! Also, I need 30 challenges for my short stories. So... Challenge me.

No comments:

Post a Comment