Tuesday 25 September 2012

Epic. Fail.

Let's face it, boys and girls, I am not a small person. I am two hundred and fifty pounds of awesome. (And crazy and wicked and a little derranged and oh so many other things.)

Sometimes, I forget this simple fact. Sometimes, in my head, I'm still the 130 lb. girl I was when I first moved into this house ten years ago.

That's when I do stupid stuff.

Like climb on a chair to reach something in the top of a closet.

A 130 lb. Wondra could probably do this without anything going wrong. A 250 lb. Wondra? Well...

A 250 lb. Wondra stands a 50/50 percent chance of breaking the chair in two and doing serious damage to herself (and anything unlucky enough to be in her way) on the way down.

Guess which one happened this weekend. If you're not certain, let me give you a visual aid:


Correct! Busted the fuck out of it.

(And if you're wondering, no, the chair won't be okay.)

In my defense, though, I did buy the table and four chairs for a grand total of £0.99 so we're not talking high quality craftmanship here.

Needless to say, my pride has been smarting a bit these last two days. :/

2 comments:

  1. YIKES!!! I sympathize with you! I have gained a BUNCH of weight and still try to do things I could do in HS...NOT working for me!! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to know I'm not alone! :)(Sucks, though, huh?)

      Delete