Tuesday 15 January 2013

Nomminess: Chicken and Veg Casserole

Today was the last day of my vacation and the last day of my cooking. After today, Jay goes back into the kitchen like the good little house husband he is... So I thought I'd do something he wouldn't be able to: Chicken and Veg Casserole.


For this, I used a combination of chicken thighs and legs (because that's what I had), and a dozen small potatos, a dozen small carrots, two medium onions and chicken stock. (I use Knorr because I like the flavour. I make it fairly thick too.)

First, I peeled and cubed the carrots and potatos and soft boiled them. When they were done, I mixed up the chicken stock and chopped up the onions. Everything went into the pan which then went into the pre-heated (fan) oven on 150 for about three and a half,  maybe four hours. (I turned the chicken halfway through to make sure it cooked evenly.)

This casserole could have easily fed a family of four - a bit too much just for the two of us! But we enjoyed it all the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment