Saturday 23 March 2013

Blast from the past.

I've been trying to reorganize my digital photo albums to make things easier to find. It's taken me three weeks already and I'm still going so you know it's no small task. I was surprised to see that they went all the way back to 2005 - I couldn't remember even having a digital camera then!

See... I was a bit of a snob and refused to go digital at first. I figured you couldn't call yourself a photographer unless you did it the right way - darkroom and all! But there was something to be said for seeing results straight away so I eventually caved. Now, I couldn't live without my digital cameras. (Yes, three: two Canons and an Olympus.)

While going through photos, I came across a couple of my first digital camera which was, shall we say, reappropriated from a former employer. Oh boy was this thing CRAP. I think it was something like 4 pixels and had a view screen that was less than an inch! Still, it was my first so it's worth mentioning.



Did I mention that this camera was CRAP? Seriously. You had to be in a brightly lit area and hold the camera perfectly still, just to keep the photo in focus. There are cameras on phones now ten times better than this digital camera was. It's scary to think that I'll be saying the same about my lovey EOS one day...

No comments:

Post a Comment