Tuesday 14 May 2013

A Day at the Pictures

As you know, I went to see Star Trek: Into Darkness on opening night and I absolutely loved it.


Actually... I loved it so much I just had to see it again. Right away. It was murder to have to wait until the weekend.

I won't say too much about the film itself - except that it made me bawl like a bitch - because it's not out yet in America. I will say that if you are a Trekkie or a Trekker or just love sci-fi, you have to watch this. In fact, I plan on going to see it again very soon!


I've been waiting awhile now to go see Iron Man 3. Believe it or not, I haven't seen Iron Man 2 yet. No reason... Just haven't gotten around to it yet. (Seriously. My To Watch list is worse than my To Read list.) But Jay didn't like it and it made me wonder how good the third movie could be. Reviews were good, though, so I decided it was worth a go.


I'm kind of torn on this one. Firstly, I hated the ending. Hated it. I get why it needed to end that way but it sucked. Also - as much as I love him - Robert Downing Jr can't act well enough to pull off an anxiety attack. It was too emotionless. BUT watching 40+ Iron Men kicking ass was pretty sweet. It was also good to see Penny kicking some ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment