Friday 9 August 2013

Twitter #WIN

I'm a great big ole fangirl at heart. No doubt about it. I'm also a huge fan of social media. When these two things combine, I find myself ridiculously pleased.

Example:

Jessica from a Shimmering Star and I frequently tweet one another about the books that we've been reading. One of the books that we've been discussing recently is Glimmerglass by Jenna Black. She read it and sent me a tweet to let me know she liked it, remembering to mention the author. I replied that I was glad she liked it, again mentioning the author. I was pleased when I saw that Jenna Black had taken the time to reply to us both.

It's such a little thing but it made me smile.

Social media is both a blessing and a curse for people in the spotlight. One wrong word and SPLAT, the shit hits the fan. But a few kind words and you have fans for life.

1 comment: