Wednesday 31 August 2016

**Welcome Wednesday**





Cookie O’Gorman

Cookie O’Gorman writes stories filled with humor and heart for the nerd in all of us. Fiery first kisses, snappy dialogue, smart girls, swoon worthy boys, and unbreakable friendships are featured in each of her books.
Cookie is a hopeless romantic, a Harry Potter aficionado, and a supporter of all things dork. Chocolate, Chinese food, and Asian dramas are her kryptonite. Above all, she believes that real life has enough sorrow and despair—which is why she always tries to give her characters a happy ending. Adorkable is her debut novel.




Adorkable

Adorkable (ah-dor-kuh-bul): Descriptive term meaning to be equal parts dorky and adorable. For reference, see Sally Spitz.

Seventeen-year-old Sally Spitz is done with dating. Or at least, she's done with the horrible blind dates/hookups/sneak attacks her matchmaking bestie, Hooker, sets her up on. There's only so much one geek girl and Gryffindor supporter can take.

Her solution: she needs a fake boyfriend. And fast.

Enter Becks, soccer phenom, all-around-hottie, and Sally's best friend practically since birth. When Sally asks Becks to be her F.B.F. (fake boyfriend), Becks is only too happy to be used. He'd do anything for Sal--even if that means giving her PDA lessons in his bedroom, saying she's "more than pretty," and expertly kissing her at parties.

The problem: Sally's been in love with Becks all her life--and he's completely clueless.

This book features two best friends, one special edition Yoda snuggie, countless beneath-the-ear kisses and begs the question:

Who wants a real boyfriend when faking it is so much more fun?

Excerpt:

Meeting his gaze, I forced out the words, "Ready to make it official?"
Becks grinned, and the sight of that familiar expression, the look in those eyes I'd loved forever, was enough to strengthen my resolve.
Reaching up, I gave myself no time to reconsider.
My lips were on his the next instant, meeting, feeling, rejoicing in this moment I'd never thought but always hoped would happen. I knew Becks was surprised, could feel it in the stiffness in his shoulders, the tight set to his mouth. But it didn't matter. I was kissing Becks, my best friend, my Han Solo, my one. This was the best moment of my life. I was certain it couldn't get any better.
But then Becks started kissing me back.
His arms wrapped around my waist, his lips guiding mine, as he went from passive passenger along for the ride to full-on conductor. I gasped as he bent me back over his arm, and felt him grin through the kiss. My toes just skimming the floor, supported almost entirely by Becks's strength, I was happy to let him lead. Becks wasn't just a great kisser. He was a master. Far as first kisses go, it was a showstopper.

Adorkable Playlist:

1. "Sweet Disposition" by The Temper Trap
2. "Can You Tell" by Ra Ra Riot
3. "The Way I Am" by Ingrid Michaelson
4. "July Flame" by Laura Veirs
5. "So Insane" by Discovery
6. "The Trial of the Century" by French Kicks
7. "Hysteric" by Yeah Yeah Yeahs
8. "Powerful Stuff" by Sean Hayes
9. "Call It Off" by Tegan and Sara
10. "Your Song" by Kate Walsh
11. "Nicest Thing" by Kate Nash
12. "Hyperballad" by Whitley
13. "Syrup & Honey" by Duffy
14. "Oh Boy" by Duffy
15. "She's Got You High" by Mumm-Ra
16. "Heart Skipped a Beat" by The XX
17. "Tessellate" by Tokyo Police Club
18. "I'm With You" by The Stills
19. "Crash Into Me" by Dave Matthews Band (Live at Folsom Field, Boulder Colorado)

You can buy it here:


You can review it here:

Goodreads:

For more information and news about Cookie - visit her at:

No comments:

Post a Comment