Wednesday 16 August 2017

Autumn: A Treat for the Senses

Autumn is my favourite season of the year. Honestly, it's the only time I'm ever really happy. It brings my senses to life. I was exploring those senses today, that autumn experience, and I wanted to share my thoughts with you.

autumn smells like...
Autumn brings the smell of wood fires burning in houses along the lane. It's infused with the smell of pumpkin, apple, and cinnamon sugar - especially from the Bath & Body Works lotions I can't live without. 

autumn sounds like...
The sound of autumn is the shuffle-crackle-crunch of leaves underfoot as I walk. I can never resist kicking them into the air like a child and laughing as they rain down around me.

autumn feels like...
Autumn ushers in a chill wind that nips at cheeks and noses. It's a time to dig out scarves and fingerless gloves, feeling the scratch of wool against flesh. Autumn is the comfort of being wrapped in a warm blanket with someone you love, fighting off the cooler temperatures with snuggles and kisses.

autumn tastes like...
No matter how old I get, autumn will always be a cup of hot chocolate scalding my tongue at Friday night football games. Now, the cups are bigger and more expensive, but the taste of hot chocolate always brings back happy autumn memories.

autumn looks like...
Autumn is a riot of color. The world is on fire with reds, orange, yellows, and browns. I get lost for hours in the madness of autumn trees; vibrant leaves flying through the air, piling up at curbsides, and dancing down the streets.

I'm sure I'm missing out on a million things and this list will probably grow as autumn goes on, but I hope it gives you a "taste" of my autumn. What does autumn feel, taste, sound, look, and/or smell like to you? Please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment