Monday 1 January 2018

2017: A Year in the life of an Author

Last year saw the single biggest setback of my writing career. I'm not going to go into again, though, because it took me too damned long to get over. Let's focus on the good stuff, shall we?


In addition to my very first signings and public speaking events (which made me physically ill for two weeks - thanks Depression and Anxiety, ya bastards - but were totally worth it), I got to work with some amazing publishers and editors. 

Here's what 2017 brought us:

Trump: Utopia or Dystopia? 
Contribution: "Love in the Time of Trumpites"
Released: 25th December

Protectors of the Veil
Contribution: "His Brother's Maker"
Released: 13th December

More Alternative Truths
Contribution: "One of the Lucky Ones"
Released: 11th November

CEA Greatest Anthology Written
Contribution: "Queen Muirgheal’s Curse: A Faerie’s Tale"
Released: 14th October

Sacrifice
Contribution: "Important Things"
Released: 14th October

The Corona Book of Horror Stories
Contribution: "It'll Rot Your Teeth"
Released: 1st October

Indiana Horror Review 2017
Contribution: "The Devil's Bench"
Released: 24th August

Nothing to Lose
Contribution: "A Normal Little Boy"
Released: 16th July

Alternative Truths
Contribution: "Walks Home Alone at Night"
Released: 27th April

Victim
Contribution: "In My Day..."
Released: 16th April

The Call/Welcome to the Dance
Contribution: "A Dance With Death"
Released: 29th March

A Long Time Dead
*short story collection*
Released: 26th January
Available: *out of print*

And there's plenty of great stuff to come! Here are just a few of the stories that will be released in the early part of 2018:

"Assassin for Hire"
"The Princess and the Dragon"
"Halloween Night"
"The Night He Came"

I'm really proud of what I accomplished last year and I'm excited to see where 2018 takes my writing career. Guess that means I'd better get off Blogger and get some writing done, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment