Sunday 14 August 2016

Autumn 2016 Bucket List

For me, autumn begins with the first harvest at Lughnasadh. I'm already getting in the spirit here. With that in mind, I made my yearly autumn bucket list.

Let's do this!


1. Pick my own apples. There's a pick-your-own farm not far away. Jay and I went last year and it was gorgeous.
2. Make apple cider. I miss being able to pick this up anywhere but it's relatively easy to make, at least in small doses.
3. Bake a pie. I've never baked a pie before. Ever. It's about time I did!
4. Make caramel apples. Mmm.... caramel apples. I'm thinking of the sliced, on sucker sticks kind.
5. Have apple butter. Except I need someone to SEND me some, of course!
6. Enjoy some apple sauce. Mmmm....
7. Visit a pumpkin patch. Or at least a farm selling pumpkins.
8. Carve pumpkins. I keep threatening to make my husband buy me 31 pumpkins so I can carve one every day of October. He thinks I'm joking... Lol.
9. Nom on some pumpkin seeds. The hubby loves these too so I guess I'll have to share.
10. Eat candy corn until I feel sick. Who wants to send me some?
11. Make home made soup. I've never done this before, either, but autumn seems like the perfect time for it!
12. Enjoy a steaming mug of hot chocolate. Or two. Or twelve. Wondra's Special Hot Chocolate is the best.
13. Have a picnic. While it's cool but not too cool. Romantic.
14. Watch my favourite fall movies. And maybe find a few more.
15. Bake cookies. What's better on a chilly day than a melt-in-your-mouth cookie, straight from the oven?
16. Hand out Halloween candy. I haven't been able to do this a single time since moving here. Boo.
17. Do something witchy. This time of the year always makes me feel witchier.
18. Send a letter to an old friend. Snail mail. I lose touch too often, and too easily. I need to start setting this right.
19. Take a long walk. Enjoy the changing leaves, the crisp wind, and the golden glow that come with autumn.
20. Take a scenic drive - with no destination. With petrol prices so high these days we never just go out to go out. It would be lovely to drive around and see how the changing season has affected the rest of the country - if we get the chance.
21. Spend a night watching scary movies. Time to cuddle up under a warm blanket and scare the crap out of ourselves!
22. Watch a football game. American football, of course.
23. Play in the rain. Autumn in Britain is definitely the rainy season. Inside of staying dry, I'll head out and act like a big kid again.
24. Stay warm in flannel. Flannel is so snuggly and warm and it just screams cold weather.
25. Play in the leaves. I love the crunch of fallen leaves and I can't help kicking them up as I walk.
26. Leaf art. Instead of just sticking them in a big old book, it's time to get creative...
27. Photograph the leaves. Although we don't get the vibrant reds and oranges that I'm used to, Wales in autumn is still beautiful.
28. Write poetry. I always get a little more poetic this time of the year.
29. Knit. I'm not a particularly skilled at knitting but now is the time to practice. Scarves for everyone!
30. Crochet. I wish I had about a million crocheted blankets for me and the doggies to snuggle under. I should work on that.
31. Visit a craft fayre/farmer's market. Support local artists, crafters and farmers this autumn!
32. Dress up. I always plan to dress up for Halloween but it doesn't always happen. This year, it will - even if I'm not going anywhere!
33. Make a scarecrow. In time for Mabon. This is one of my favs.
34. Upcycle clothes. Especially sweaters.
35. Make doggy sweaters. It's nippy 'round here this time of year.
36. Stock up on fingerless gloves/wristwarmers. I'm thinking that I need to make a whole bunch of wristwarmers and buy a bunch of cheap gloves to cut the tips off of.
37. Bake a lovely crumble. Jay loves blackberry crumble but it's been an age since we've made one.
38. Speaking of blackberries... Pick blackberries. They grow wild around here.
39. Spend a day reading. Because autumn is a perfect time for it.
40. Perform Random Acts of Kindness. I've been wanting to do this for an age. Not necessarily autumn themed, but I want to do it.
41. Cook Thanksgiving dinner. I force my husband to celebrate Thanksgiving every year.
42. Have an autumn photo shoot. I'd like to shoot some models in the fall but I'd also like to have some photos of me/Jay done.

No comments:

Post a Comment