Saturday 6 August 2016

GeekedFest - Saturday

Jay was told (yes, told - not asked) that he would be a Special Guest again at this year's GeekedFest.


With a whole year to build on their first convention, we were expecting a bigger, better event. That didn't exactly happen.


There were fewer dealer stalls this year, which makes me think that either the ones that were there last year didn't do well or the tables were overpriced. I don't know which.

Don't really care. What I do care about is why there were two massive stalls full of Funko Pop figures. Who in Newport needs that many?

And the guests?


What guests?

Sigh. Don't get me wrong: I have no idea how hard it is to organize a comic con... but I know that you're supposed to learn from your mistakes.

All in all, I was disappointed with today's event. At least we got to hang out with our cosplay friends, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment